Preparation time: 20 min prep + 1hr 20 cooking time
Christmas day dessert table is sorted! There is absolutely no need to 'miss out' on all the good things when you go plant based, it's actually quite the opposite! It is mind blowing how good plant based versions of classic recipes can be and you get to learn new thing along the way. 3 ingredients, vegan & gluten free - it's a win win!!
1 can of chickpeas (you will need the juice/aquafaba)
1 cup of caster sugar
1 tbsp of cornflour
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, draw a 20cm diameter circle in pencil (using a base of a round cake tin helps) and preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Drain the chickpeas and keep the juice/aquafaba
- Place the the aquafaba in the bowl of an standing mixer (if you don't have a standing mixer then you can use a hand held mixer)
- Start to beat on medium
- Add a tbsp of sugar every minute whilst beating until all the sugar is used, the mixture should have stiff peaks
- Whisk in the cornflour until combined
- Place mixture on the baking tray in the circle
- Reduce oven to 110 degrees and bake for 1 hours and 30 minutes
- Turn off the oven, leave slightly ajar by wedging a tea towel in the door
- Let cool overnight
Load up with your favourite summer fruits, drizzle with Nicetella or even some custard from another epic Christmas creation you can check out here.